Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Trans Union the better of all three?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Trans Union the better of all three?

I ask this because it seems my scores are always significantly higher with TU then EQ and EX.  All 3B are reporting the same accounts except one TU is not reporting my Walmart MC not sure why but anyway it seems TU is using a scoring model different the the other two which are generally close in numbers.  Does anyone else have the same scores being higher with TU then EQ and EX and maybe shed some light on why this has been continous for the past year for me.  MyFico 10/16/15 EQ 658 TU 733 EX 678

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Trans Union the better of all three?

None is "better" than the others. They all use FICO's algorithm but may apply some individual "tweaks" to meet their own internal guidlines. It is a futile effort to try and understand why they will usuall be different from each other.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who knows....as a rule - up until the beginning of October EQ was always my highest score - with TU being the mid score.   However - that may be different when I get to do my  next update in 12 days.....FAKO EQ dropped like a rock for no apparent reason - so I want to see if it REALLY dropped or not - IF SO - then TU will be my highest.

Message 3 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Have you reviewed your three credit reports recently to check the contents for accuracy? If yes, and you have three or so tradelines reporting ontime payments each month, then your scores should not be changing too much ... assuming of course that your use/payment cycle each month is relatively stable. It really does not matter which of the three scores is the highest, lowest or middle. What matters is that they are relatively stable and that you can identify activity/score change connections.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the better one for me.

TU - 816

EQ - 746

EX - 742

Of course that's because TU doesn't have my tax lien. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

TU is always my best profile, i got lucky with 2 old paid charge offs, one reports to EQ and one reports to EQ and EX, not TU nothing. ive always held TU as my favorite, just based on experience with my FICO score and also dealing with them. 

Message 6 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

If by "better" you mean "higher" then the answer is no, not in all cases.  Which is highest will depend on the data in the reports and the scoring models used.

@Anonymous wrote:

I ask this because it seems my scores are always significantly higher with TU then EQ and EX. 

For any topic, always be careful when trying to extrapolate trends with limited sample data.

@Anonymous wrote:

All 3B are reporting the same accounts except one TU is not reporting my Walmart MC not sure why but anyway it seems TU is using a scoring model different the the other two which are generally close in numbers.

Caerfully review your reports.  Do not simply rely on which accounts are reported and which are not. and consider all the factors.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

To determine the cause(s) for any scoring matter you always have to carefully review report data.

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone else have the same scores being higher with TU then EQ and EX and maybe shed some light on why this has been continous for the past year for me. 

Others certainly do but why their TU score is higher may not be relevant to you.  There are a number of possible causes.  Again, you have to go to your reports.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU is my lowest (1 baddie nearing 7 years).  More often than not my EQ is the highest with EX slightly behind.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.