Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is TrueIdentity legit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is TrueIdentity legit?

https://www.transunion.com/product/trueidentity-free-identity-protection

Looks like it's free and lets you freeze TU on/off free. Is this true? Does it require a card to signup?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is TrueIdentity legit?

I have been wondering the same.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is legit and completely free. Yes, you can freeze your TU account on and off. No card required to sign up. You get access to your TU report as well.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

DaBadBoy does it lock it up just like a real freeze? Or is there a difference between the two?

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a difference. "Credit Lock" appears to be a service offered by TU. This is seperate from the normal credit freeze you would put on your credit reports. 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lock feature doesn't seem to work for me at this moment :/ Though, it seems to have free ID Theft Insurance for up to $25,000, which is nice, I guess.

Message 6 of 23
rprisco
Regular Contributor

If lock is not working, you may have a split file, I'd call TU to fix it.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up and appears to be working. To lock your TU; on the Dashboard page, scroll down to the Membership Benefits area and click "GO" next to Credit Lock and lock from there. You will receive notifications from other services you may use that it has been locked (wallet hub, credit karma) so that you know it worked. 

Message 8 of 23
Artemis092
Regular Contributor

i signed up about three days ago. Seems to be working. My Creditwise app from Cap1 alerted me that there is a security freeze on my Transunion report after I set it to locked. And yes it is free.

If you build it, they will come.

Amex BCE | Amex ED | BofA Rewards | Citibank DC | CitiBank Best Buy | Discover IT | Chase Amazon Prime | Chase Freedom | Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The freeze works for me as well. I was alerted there was a freeze on my TU account via one of my credit monitoring services as well.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.