Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is TrueIdentity legit?

tag
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Re: Is TrueIdentity legit?

Ex sends an alert when an inq fails, wonder if they will do same for TU?
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's definitely legit, I currently also have the premium version ($19.95/month) that allows locking of both TU and EQ reports, I just signed up for the Trueidentity free version 2 days ago and it's basically the little brother version of the premium minus some features like locking EQ, I'm waiting for the enrollment email from the one year free EQ subscription to lock EQ before cancelling my TU premium.
Message 12 of 23
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I wanted to register for it today but it could not detect my identity properly at a first step and instead, it gave a fax number to send complementary information. I passed this page to look at the other sections but now, I cannot find this page again to find the fax number. Amazingly, there is no contact information on this website (no email, phone, mail or fax). Also, fax is a very outdated technology and every 2-3 years, I see something like this that requires sending documents exclusively by fax. Not a very smart product but it is free. Does anyone know the contact information of these guys?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for this service last night,, however, none of my monitoring services have notified me of the lock.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xenon3030 wrote:

I wanted to register for it today but it could not detect my identity properly at a first step and instead, it gave a fax number to send complementary information. I passed this page to look at the other sections but now, I cannot find this page again to find the fax number. Amazingly, there is no contact information on this website (no email, phone, mail or fax). Also, fax is a very outdated technology and every 2-3 years, I see something like this that requires sending documents exclusively by fax. Not a very smart product but it is free. Does anyone know the contact information of these guys?

Trueidentity = Transunion, I would call Transunion's support line.
Message 15 of 23
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I called TU and I was on hold for an hour listening to the horrible brodcasting music with no success. Tomorrow morning I call again...

BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 16 of 23
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I called TU and they completed my account over the phone. This product looks fine and gives also free TU credit report (can get also from CK).

It has other premium features like credit score monitoring, insurance, etc. with a 9.95$ monthly fee. Since I only need its lock, I didn't go for premium.

Message 17 of 23
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

I called TU and they completed my account over the phone. This product looks fine and gives also free TU credit report (can get also from CK).

It has other premium features like credit score monitoring, insurance, etc. with a 9.95$ monthly fee. Since I only need its lock, I didn't go for premium.

Congrats on getting through & setting up your account. You might post the phone # you got through on for others who might need it.

I was able to register online last Monday, getting through the security questions. Yeah the free service is pretty basic, but all I wanted was to be able to lock & unlock my report, I get enough TU reports & scores from other services.

I checked while logged in, they don't give out any phone numbers even when you have the service.

Message 18 of 23
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I tried myself and they had trouble setting it up.. Oh well. For me it's not worth calling them.. I like things easy.. Online or bust.

Edit: So I tried again and they said I already had an account.. So I say I forgot ID and password, filled out my info they asked for.. Gave me my ID (The one I chose earlier) and enter new password.. My security question (not going to forget my Dad's MI) and birthday.. Unsucessfull.. Can't find you. Lol.

So a moment later I get email thanking me for using the lost password feature.. Click here to login. So for fun I clicked "here" and saw I was logged into TrueIdentity. I can see accounts, profile, Inquiries, Account Summary.. Except there's no info in any of that. Very strange.. maybe they populate it very slowly..

Last update I promise so I click on credit lock and it says

Status: unlocked. 100% positive it's locked.. So what the heck..

I lied ;-) So I saw that there was a free trial, after 7 days it's 0.00 / month so I thought maybe I had to do that. Afer CC info and all that jazz we don't recognize you. Lol.

It occured to me TrueIdenity is **bleep**..
FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the number to call for support? I still can't lock my transunion report and can't find any number for trueidentity support.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.