cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone concerned with their sensitive information at TRUECREDIT and the philipino CSC ?

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Is anyone concerned with their sensitive information at TRUECREDIT and the philipino CSC ?

firstinlastout wrote:
Anyone else concerned as much as I am ? Truecredit should NOT have their customer service center operations out of the Philippines. This is ridiculous and a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

ID theft can happen any where and at any time.  I dont think it is relevent that the support is outsourced other then the quality of the customer support.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Is anyone concerned with their sensitive information at TRUECREDIT and the philipino CSC ?

cheddar wrote:
I can understand the concern.  To me it has nothing to with the character of one country's citizens as opposed to another.  It has to do with the lack of jurisdiction of US authorities in case some of your personal data does get compromised.

Jurisdiction is only an issue if you want to see the person go to jail.  ID theft monitoring and monitoring your credit score would catch the use of your data if it is used for credit purposes. 

Someone at work at their wallet stolen recently and the police are exactly building at task for go to after the person.  If the person happens to stumble into a police station then they might get arrested.

Your are covered whether they catch the person or not.

So in most cases the fact that the person was your neighboor or 4 thousand miles away in a country that hates the USA doesnt really matter.

Message Edited by marty56 on 06-24-2008 04:31 PM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Okey-dokey, I didn't notice that the following guide was no longer stickied on some of the boards. I'm adding it here and restoring it to the Credit Cards board as well.

PLEASE READ: Posting About Foreign Call Center Frustrations

Here's how it reads:
There have been several posts concerning poor customer service allegedly rendered by some credit card companies' customer care lines. Ranting about bad customer service in general is fine.

Complaining because you can't get a representative who speaks clear English is acceptable, too.

Remarks about specific ethnic groups, countries, or stereotyping the inhabitants therein, or posting stereotypical images, or otherwise making remarks that belittle people based on their nationality or ethnicity is NOT acceptable. Such posts will be edited and/or deleted. Those who post such material will draw formal warnings and, if the racist remarks are repeated, bans.

Thank you for your cooperation.

TheNewWorldMan (your friendly neighborhood mod) <---now our blogger in residence

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 06-24-2008 04:27 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

AN UPDATE >>

I have yet to receive the email confirmation the CSR told me I would get getting confirming my refund. I have a feeling I will not get a refund and will have to call back. I will keep you all updated. TC can bully the customer and come up short of promised expectations, but their abuse WILL be put out in public for others to see...that I can guarantee you.
Message 14 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good luck in your battle! I stopped calling TC long, long ago.

What I have found, over and over, is that companies who offshore all their CS are looking for the cheapest deal possible, and they don't give a rat's whatever about serving their customers. Most of the foreign CSR's are actually required to read scripts, and they are subject to being fired if they try to help you and thus spend too many minutes on the phone.

It all goes back to headquarters back home, which apparently would rather have an imitation of customer service than the real thing.

Have you tried Planet Feedback, BTW? I haven't used them, but others have had success. This gets your issue to various VP's of whatever, so that they are forced to be aware of what's happening on the individual customer level. Some people have had pretty good luck with them. Sorry if this has already been mentioned...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the tip Hauling.
Message 16 of 19
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
What I have found, over and over, is that companies who offshore all their CS are looking for the cheapest deal possible, and they don't give a rat's whatever about serving their customers. Most of the foreign CSR's are actually required to read scripts, and they are subject to being fired if they try to help you and thus spend too many minutes on the phone.

HTSU, thanks for the link regarding gripes about overseas customer service issues.

With technology these days, so much work is sent to foreign countries because of lower labor costs. A lot of medical transcription is sent to India, because the English language skills of workers there can be very good. I compared transcriptions from American workers and Indian workers, and I couldn't tell the difference. And they both made the same mistakes (e.g. Schering-Plough was transcribed as sharing plow).

I guess if we're to cast blame for our SSNs and credit card numbers being put in the hands of foreigners, our vitriol should be directed at the well-paid American executives who send these jobs overseas. We can hardly blame the Filipinos and Indians for taking jobs that are offered to them by Americans.
Message 17 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As for medical transcription, many of the Indian transcriptionists are MD's! They can make as much money doing contract transcription for US hospitals as they can for practicing medicine at home. Hard to beat that level of understanding, once accents are accounted for.

Even some MD positions are vulnerable now. Many diagnostic radiology encounters (x-ray's, CT's, MRI's) get their initial interpretation by Indian radiologists, because the time difference means that they can read the digitized "films" during the day over there, and the reports are waiting the next morning when the ordering American MD comes in to work.

Pretty much the only jobs that you can hang on to these days are those in which you physically touch your customer (patient, etc.) Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstin, yep, I worry about our info jaunting back and forth overseas, too. A few years back, we were hit with fraudulent charges on our checkcards and hubby's info with BoA on his Gov Travel Card was "compromised" a while back, too (heard about it from BoA about 3 months after it happened, go figger).

But, you know, there's no point in stressing out over it. You do what you can and you let (and I think you'll agree with me on this -- to others who might not share my beliefs, I apologize for getting "preachy" -- I mean no offense!!) God take care of the rest. If it's going to happen despite taking care, it's going to happen and all the stressing out, worrying over it, and bemoaning it, is not going to make it go away.

Credit IS important, no question. But so's your health and your family. Stressing out over what could be hurts more than it helps!!

{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.