cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it better to have multiple inquiries in 1mo?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it better to have multiple inquiries in 1mo?

OK, I've been applying for a loan for my business and I've been unfortunately denied due to low FICO (636...even though they "say" their minimum is 630) and a CC that was recently "settled legally for less." Anyways, I'm sort of shifting things around by joining a credit union (who did a hard pull when I opened a checking acct). I also sent out some random loan apps to some internet lenders who say they help out those with poor credit....as a long shot. Anyways now my report shows about 6 pulls over the last 2 months. I've read that multiple pulls in the same time frame count as only one but I didn't know if that was true or not. This is a humiliating and frustrating journey I must say.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it better to have multiple inquiries in 1mo?

The de-duplication window for Mortgages and Auto inq's for scoring purposes is 14 or 30 days. 

Regular Credit/Loan inq's will each be counted in scoring unless they are from the same source-

Message Edited by Timothy on 08-26-2008 07:05 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.