cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it dangerous to keep doing daily pulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it dangerous to keep doing daily pulls?

I recently started doing a daily pull of all three CRs.  Primarily because I'm expecting a ton of stuff to fall off, balances to update, etc over the next two months.  I'm not trying to do anything shady or funky by doing daily pulls - I'm just overly-impatient and excitedly watching my reports update.  

But I read on a couple places online that doing daily pulls of EQ and TU could be dangerous and cause something called a split file? Is this true? Smiley Sad

I'm using MyPrivacyMatters to do my daily pulls.  If there is a danger to doing daily pulls, should I refrain from doing so and maybe just do a pull once a week or something?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Is it dangerous to keep doing daily pulls?

There IS a danger, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Weekly pulls should really be enough.  Patience.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You should know when your accounts report and when to expect things to fall off so daily pulls aren't really necessary if you're concerned about adverse effects.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new here, so take this with a grain of salt, but imo idk why pulling YOUR OWN info would have any negative affect.

Message 4 of 8
juggar
Contributor

Its called a split file, if you max out your file with soft inquiries it can create another file with the CB's. 

I think people use this method to increase their credit scores or something like that (bumpage?). But I do know its frowned upon. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggar wrote:

Its called a split file, if you max out your file with soft inquiries it can create another file with the CB's. 

I tihnk people use this method to increase their credit scores or something like that. But I do know its frowed upon. 

Screw that.  That sounds ridiculous for something as soft-hitting as a hard inquiry.  I mean, unless you're doing tens and tens of inqs, but even then, I can comfortably wait a year for those inqs to fall out of the equation.

I'm in the middle of a gigantic dispute with Synchrony regarding late payments that posted to my account due to a questionable error on Synchrony's end.  This is one reason why daily pulls are useful for me at the moment.  For instance, I just discovered today that they didn't delete the late payments like they said they would.  Instead they moved the late payments up by a few months.  

But I'm fine with weekly pulls to play it safe.  Not down with this split file drama!

Message 6 of 8
aav
Established Contributor

I pull daily with equifax when it lets me, but every year or so it overloads with sp's and stops working for awhile. I just wait it out for a few weeks and start over. I really don't need to pull I am just a little compulsive that way sometime lol.i also pull all 3 plus scores with credit secure daily except when EQ blocks it. I really need to lay off it for awhile as my scores have settled and there's not a lot of changes in the near future.

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Weekly pulls should really be enough.  Patience.  Smiley Happy

Too long! Daily rules!

I'd pull 3x/day if I could on the cheap.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.