cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to check if you have any collections!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to check if you have any collections!

Is it possbile to check a database to see if you have any unknown collections before they report on your credit!

Because I dont have any Im sure but I did pay off ALOT of medical bills actaully by the due date, and with medical bills there is always a new one that pops up from no where, an add on basiacally, so that is my question, my scores are all in the 750's now and cant afford it!
ALSO, when you have a hard enquiry from like capital one, doesnt your score drop immediatley, or does it take a few days because my scores all satyed the same, and thenit dropped about 2 on trans, 5 on eq, and 6 on experian 4-5 days later or more

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is it possible to check if you have any collections!

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it possbile to check a database to see if you have any unknown collections before they report on your credit!
Because I dont have any Im sure but I did pay off ALOT of medical bills actaully by the due date, and with medical bills there is always a new one that pops up from no where, an add on basiacally, so that is my question, my scores are all in the 750's now and cant afford it!
ALSO, when you have a hard enquiry from like capital one, doesnt your score drop immediatley, or does it take a few days because my scores all satyed the same, and thenit dropped about 2 on trans, 5 on eq, and 6 on experian 4-5 days later or more

I can't answer as to the database --interesting question! --but on the inqs, they do show up pretty quickly. I think that the point drop that you saw was from the inq hitting each account. I'm finding that the inq alone doesn't do that much damage. It's when the new account or accounts hit and drop the average age of your credit history. And unfortunately, the higher the scores, typically the greater the hit. However, the scores often start to recover within three months as the new accounts start reporting. If you have balances reporting on your cards, the increased overall credit limit from the new cards help lower your overall utilization percentage.

If your 750's are FICO scores (bought here, for the most part), you're in excellent shape anyway. FICO scores have a little gold seal on them. If you don't see the seal, it's not a FICO and it's worthless, except to the companies that sell them to unknowing consumers.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.