cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to remove this collection?

tag
jrobertfox

Is it possible to remove this collection?

Apparently a $51 bill for a throat culture had been sent to an old school address after I had moved, and it was not untill it went to collections that I found out about it. At this point I imediatly paid it off.

How can I get this record removed from my report? I was compleatly agreeable about the whole thing, I just had no idea that I even had a bill.

Please advise. Thanks.

Message Edited by jrobertfox on 03-03-2008 11:32 AM

I did not mean to put it at the top... how can i just make it regular post?

Message Edited by jrobertfox on 03-03-2008 11:33 AM
TU 659
EQ 641
EX 606
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to remove this collection?

Hi jrobertfox, and welcome to the forum! There's a wealth of information here to help you get credit healthy.

Firstly, I'd suggest you read:

Next, how old is the collection; who is the OC(original creditor) and who is the CA(collection agency)?

Since it's a med collection, those are usually the easiest baddies to deal with. If the OC still owns the account(yes they actually do sell accounts), then you are in a better negotiating position to be in.

I was successful in having 3 med collections deleted from my CR's last fall but negotiating directly with the hospital by a tactic known as PFD.
Message 2 of 10
jrobertfox

I think it is a year or two old, i think the oc is a testing lab connected to my schools clinic (dont know beyond that) and the CA is some place in rochester, and all my report says is 782ya00000 for the CA

is there a good way to figure out who is who? I will check that post. Thanks!
TU 659
EQ 641
EX 606
Message 3 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

You can call EQ and get it, or you can get your free credit report at annualcreditreport.com and it will be in there or you can cross check it with the other two reports on which it might be listed.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
jrobertfox

So they will have more information than what is reported here on this site?
TU 659
EQ 641
EX 606
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

jrobert, please check my post to chuck_in_texas, right above this one. The technique applies to you as well. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
jrobertfox

I am concernd that i wont be able to pfd because i have alread paid? there is no incentive for the company to delete it right?
TU 659
EQ 641
EX 606
Message 7 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@jrobertfox wrote:
So they will have more information than what is reported here on this site?

Most definitely. The free reports are full reports. They show everything, including softs. EX, IMO, has the most useful and detailed reports, followed by the Haters, then EQ.

Message 8 of 10
jrobertfox

This is sort of fun, like being a detective, this is what I have so far.

CA: The Credit Bureau of Rochester, Inc.
OC: ACM Medical Lab

The issue is $51.37 and I paided the CA by on 12/18/06

Now I need to call the OC and what should I do? Explain that it was an address mixup? Should I just ask nicley for them to tell the CA to remove it from my CR? Thanks for your help.

(btw, i was disapointed earlier this morning about not getting an amex, but after reading posts in this forumn i now have a delta gold on the way!!)
TU 659
EQ 641
EX 606
Message 9 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Follow Sylviatob's advice. It's good advice. Hopefully, it will work out that way for you too.

I, too, had a similar situation when I was separated from the ex. We had numerous medical bills from the birth of our last child, which our two ins. cos. were fighting over who should pay what. Well, neither did and and the hospital sent six different collections to the CRAs. My ex's answer was to curse them out and tell them to FOAD. I dangled a CC in front of their faces and said remove from CRAs and you can have your money. Oh, btw, I want it in writing on your letterhead. They agreed, I gave the CC and they were removed from my CRs. They still remain on hers though.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.