cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it smart to book with American Express Travel? What are your experiences?

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Is it smart to book with American Express Travel? What are your experiences?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but i just want to guage responses from the forum on booking via American Express. Is it better to book flight, hotel and car rental seperatingly? Which travel agency would you recommend?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Is it smart to book with American Express Travel? What are your experiences?

Define "better".  Are you looking for best price?  Most convenient?  Some other priority/ies?  If price you should be able to check out both options and compare.  I don't recommend any agencies since I prefer (preference also plays a part in "better") to manage my own travel directly.

Message 2 of 3
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it smart to book with American Express Travel? What are your experiences?

@takeshi74 wrote:

Define "better".  Are you looking for best price?  Most convenient?  Some other priority/ies?  If price you should be able to check out both options and compare.  I don't recommend any agencies since I prefer (preference also plays a part in "better") to manage my own travel directly.

Better in terms of better price (with freebies like free breakfast etc). And i'm thinking of taking the same approach as you for my next trip because i just discovered through a CSR that Sheraton doesnt give you any SPG points if you book through a 3rd party.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.