Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my account in collections?

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Is my account in collections?

You could contact Wells Fargo and see if they sold the debt or assigned to the CA. If they assigned offer payment in full in exchange for  pulling the accountfrom the collection agency. If you have the $$.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 11 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, you can ask them to send a letter/email stating they won't report for payment.

Message 12 of 14
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Okay so here's what happened..

1.) I called ARM and asked if I were to pay off the debt now can they not report the collection.  They replied with, "Our agency does not report to the credit bureaus."  So I paid it and was told I'd be receiving a letter in the mail saying that I have paid my debt off AND that they would send a notice to Wells Fargo within a few days to let them know it was paid. AFTER I paid it they told me I would have to contact Wells Fargo to see how they would report it.  

2.) I called Wells Fargo and explained the letter I got from ARM and asked if they could not report the account to the credit bureau since it was paid and they told me that they don't report charged off accounts to the credit bureaus.  They said that they sold my debt to ARM and I would have to ask them if they could not report it.  I told them that ARM said they don't report to the credit bureaus.

3.)  I called ARM again, and told them what Wells Fargo said.  ARM told me that my debt wasn't sold them but they were simply the third party, so on and so forth..

So, one company said they don't report at all, while the other one said they don't report charged off accounts.  But the question on whether or not my debt was sold to ARM remains unanswered.  If neither of them report, should I just not worry about it anymore since I paid anyway, or would you guys suggest I make one more round of calls?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 13 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

Okay so here's what happened..

1.) I called ARM and asked if I were to pay off the debt now can they not report the collection.  They replied with, "Our agency does not report to the credit bureaus."  So I paid it and was told I'd be receiving a letter in the mail saying that I have paid my debt off AND that they would send a notice to Wells Fargo within a few days to let them know it was paid. AFTER I paid it they told me I would have to contact Wells Fargo to see how they would report it.  

2.) I called Wells Fargo and explained the letter I got from ARM and asked if they could not report the account to the credit bureau since it was paid and they told me that they don't report charged off accounts to the credit bureaus.  They said that they sold my debt to ARM and I would have to ask them if they could not report it.  I told them that ARM said they don't report to the credit bureaus.

3.)  I called ARM again, and told them what Wells Fargo said.  ARM told me that my debt wasn't sold them but they were simply the third party, so on and so forth..

So, one company said they don't report at all, while the other one said they don't report charged off accounts.  But the question on whether or not my debt was sold to ARM remains unanswered.  If neither of them report, should I just not worry about it anymore since I paid anyway, or would you guys suggest I make one more round of calls?

Whether or not it was sold to ARM is a moot point really.   Sold or assigned, they could report if they chose to and it looks like they do not,  Same for WF.

It looks like neither one really knows who owns it.,

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.