Did you mean: 

Is no activity on CC's helping my scores

tag
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

Is no activity on CC's helping my scores

My scores

TU 657, EX 645, EQ 683

I currently have zero balances on my cards, accept JC Penney has $19, which actually triggered a scorewatch alert of an increase of 7pts. 

If I utilize my cards and pay full balance each month will my score increase??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is no activity on CC's helping my scores

FICO will calculte the age of accounts.  You can use them and pay in full or you can rotate one card to use in any particular month.  Jsut keep them active so they continue to report and figure into uti. Usually once a quarter should work for usage.
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I can't believe I am agreeing with fused Smiley Wink but why not try letting a couple more cards report a balance next reporting period. If you find your score drops you can always go back to letting only one report. I don't think one is enough depending of course upon total number of open tradelines. Any decrease will be short lived.

Message Edited by smallfry on 10-16-2007 08:55 PM
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:
I can't believe I am agreeing with fused Smiley Wink but why not try letting a couple more cards report a balance next reporting period. If you find your score drops you can always go back to letting only one report. I don't think one is enough depending of course upon total number of open tradelines. Any decrease will be short lived.

Message Edited by smallfry on 10-16-2007 08:55 PM

Now I know why my ear was buzzing!Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.