Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is removing a secured credit card harder or easier than a unsecured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is removing a secured credit card harder or easier than a unsecured

Hey guys I want to thank you before I get the answer because this forum has been gold for me. Here is my problem I'm a joint member on a secured visa with a CL of $500 and it is restricting me by being one of the 5/24 rule for chase. Since it is a secured I am going to cancel it but wanted to know how bad will it hurt my credit when I remove it, because its not my oldest and I have only had it for 9 months so I wouldn't think it would matter much but I could be wrong. Since a joint account I can't just remove myself without cancelling the card which will hurt my wife too. And also would I be able to dispute it to remove it from my credit report so i can get the Chase Ink Perferred Business Credit card.

1 REPLY 1
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Is removing a secured credit card harder or easier than a unsecured

Closing a card won't remove it from your reports and won't help you on the 5/24 rule since that is referring to accounts opened during that time period, not currently open cards. As for disputing ir, what would be your reason?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.