cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the CA allowed to reage account after dispute with CRA?

tag
Augustlove

Is the CA allowed to reage account after dispute with CRA?

I disputed a Collection on my experian last year with no success and I noticed on my new Credit report that the date of last activity is now listed as the date I diputed the item. Is this legal? Can I do anything?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the CA allowed to reage account after dispute with CRA?

Augustlove wrote:
I disputed a Collection on my experian last year with no success and I noticed on my new Credit report that the date of last activity is now listed as the date I diputed the item. Is this legal? Can I do anything?

No they can not reage. Call the CRA and ask for drop off date.

Do you still have copy of last years CR?  If you do & CRA gives you incorrect DOFD.  Dispute CMRRR  and send copy of old report.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:

Augustlove wrote:

Do you still have copy of last years CR?  If you do & CRA gives you incorrect DOFD.  Dispute CMRRR  and send copy of old report.

If the CRA does determine that the account was in fact reaged, most likely would they

delete it or correct it?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

monro411 wrote:

HappyDays wrote:

Augustlove wrote:

If the CRA does determine that the account was in fact reaged, most likely would they

delete it or correct it?

Only call and ask for drop off date. If your records show a different date or re-aging it can not be done on the phone. You will need to copy proof & CMRRR  with dispute
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:

monro411 wrote:

HappyDays wrote:

Augustlove wrote:

delete it or correct it?

Only call and ask for drop off date. If your records show a different date or re-aging it can not be done on the phone. You will need to copy proof & CMRRR  with dispute

I was actually asking what is more likely to happen if you can prove that the account was re-aged.  What would the CRA do in that case.  Would they delete the account or would they just correct the aging?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a CA did that they would be in violation and the FTC would go after them.

You would send a letter to the CA telling them thaat they re-aged & that you will sue if not corrected.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.