cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the amount of a past due balance considered?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the amount of a past due balance considered?

I had a past due amount of $61 to Verizon, that I have recently discovered via my credit report (and paid off). The account was over 120 days late. I understand this is horrible for a credit score (and I have seen the effects), but I was wondering:

When I go to purchase a home in the next few years will banks and loan officers be more lenient because the amount is so small? Is there anything I can do to help reduce the impact of this on my credit score (besides make on time payments)

Additional Info:
I missed this delinquent account during the process of moving twice in two years. Other than that one account my credit history is flawless, but my credit history is only 8 years 7 months old (I am 27 years old).

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the amount of a past due balance considered?

chris26 wrote:
I had a past due amount of $61 to Verizon, that I have recently discovered via my credit report (and paid off). The account was over 120 days late. I understand this is horrible for a credit score (and I have seen the effects), but I was wondering:

When I go to purchase a home in the next few years will banks and loan officers be more lenient because the amount is so small? Is there anything I can do to help reduce the impact of this on my credit score (besides make on time payments)

Additional Info:
I missed this delinquent account during the process of moving twice in two years. Other than that one account my credit history is flawless, but my credit history is only 8 years 7 months old (I am 27 years old).

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

You could try to send a GW letter and see if they can remove it.

Message 2 of 4
octavia
Regular Contributor

What Stef said.  I would try GWing Verizon.  It worked for me with a 30 day late on my CR.

Octavia.
Message 3 of 4
Minnie
Contributor

You had success with Verizon with a GW? How old was baddie? I am in the same situation as original poster...mine is $121...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.