cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a company that can help to lower current interst rates on credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a company that can help to lower current interst rates on credit cards?

I have several credit cards with various interst rates, but a few have recently increased the rates dramatically.  While I have heard that using a credit consolidation firm reflects poorly on your credit, I am eager to get these rated reduced so that I will be able to pay off the balances.

Any advice is welcomed!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Is there a company that can help to lower current interst rates on credit cards?

A debt management program (DMP) itself does not relflect poorly on your credit. Its the closing of all your enlisted current accounts that are closed which affects your credit (debt to credit ratio). But keep in mind, this is only a short term affect. As you pay down and pay off your accounts, your score will rise significantly. Stay away from "debt settlement firms" and look for reputable "debt management program."
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.