cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a legal requirement for creditors to keep reporting closed accts for 10 years?

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: Is there a legal requirement for creditors to keep reporting closed accts for 10 years?

haulingthescoreup wrote:

But if it's up to the creditors to decide whether to report closed accounts, FICO ought to re-look at its use of age of oldest reporting account for scoring and for bucket assignment.
FICO should re-evaluate  a lot of things  as consumer habits change in relation to the changes the CCCs tempt us with daily.  There is limited loyalty on either side to encourage longevity of the relationships ... and FICO hopefully will begin to take this into consideration.  Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is there a legal requirement for creditors to keep reporting closed accts for 10 years?

I am going thru the same thing w/a closed MBNA CC. It stoped reporting about four years ago; I closed it five years ago. I had to resort to sending my old CRs to the CRAs and requested that they re-input the information. I had 38 months of perfect history with this card and could use the history, esp. on TU. I will keep y'all updated when I hear some news.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.