cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit to how much a collection agency can add to debt? I think I am being ROBBED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a limit to how much a collection agency can add to debt? I think I am being ROBBED

Thank you for all of the great replies.  My gut tells me that this is wrong.  The original bill is not for a credit card.  It is for an electric bill.. They messed up in their billing and sent me a bill for service that I received 4 months prior.. all the while billing me every month... A big mess and I don't feel I owe this money.  My FICOs are always in the high 700s and with this.. They have dropped to about 600.. It is listed as a collection.

I will try the original creditor... But I feel pretty much at a loss as to what I can do right now... I just want my credit back.  I sent a letter to the collection agency asking for their licence to operate in Texas (they are based in North Carolina)... But I have received nothing... not even a reply...yet they are reporting it on my credit.

Not fair at all in my opinion.
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.