Is there a way to soft inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to soft inquiries?

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if one of the affordable services that allows frequent updates of the reports does also offer soft inquiries?  

Generally, no.  You need to pull reports directly from the CRA's to view soft pulls.  In many cases their monitoring services will not show SP's (exception stated above) so carefully research.

If you use subjective words like "affordable" then clairfy what you mean.  Provide a number or range.  Don't just assume that everyone's notion of affordable, expensive, cheap, etc is identical.

Obviously there are exceptions, this is what I wanted to identify.

I understand that in the snail mail days, when someone wanted his annual report by mail, there is a cost to it to produce and mail it, so the limit to one report annually made sense. Actually, the free annual credit report is a rather recent thing, enacted in the early/mid 2000's.

But today everything is electronic and over the internet, and is much chepaer to deliver. so they should be able to provide FREE monthly or atleast one a quarter access to your full report instead of annual.  I agree with you. As it contains info about me and effects me signifigantly, I *should* be able to see whats in it at any time.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to soft inquiries?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if one of the affordable services that allows frequent updates of the reports does also offer soft inquiries?  

Generally, no.  You need to pull reports directly from the CRA's to view soft pulls.  In many cases their monitoring services will not show SP's (exception stated above) so carefully research.

If you use subjective words like "affordable" then clairfy what you mean.  Provide a number or range.  Don't just assume that everyone's notion of affordable, expensive, cheap, etc is identical.

Obviously there are exceptions, this is what I wanted to identify.

I understand that in the snail mail days, when someone wanted his annual report by mail, there is a cost to it to produce and mail it, so the limit to one report annually made sense. Actually, the free annual credit report is a rather recent thing, enacted in the early/mid 2000's. 

But today everything is electronic and over the internet, and is much chepaer to deliver. so they should be able to provide FREE monthly or atleast one a quarter access to your full report instead of annual.  I agree with you. As it contains info about me and effects me signifigantly, I *should* be able to see whats in it at any time.

It started in 2003, when many people didn't have internet or had dial-up, 12 years later (today) with all the cloud services, it is much cheaper to serve through the cloud and the cost per request should be very low.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.