cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any GW Letter Template for Inquiry Deletion?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Is there any GW Letter Template for Inquiry Deletion?

Does any have a template of GW Letter requesting the creditors to remove the inquires? What information should be included in the letter?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there any GW Letter Template for Inquiry Deletion?

There's a GW link in my sig, but I suspect they aren't going to remove INQs via GW.

Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Noah, can you send me the link to this. Thanks
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 5
jackg
Established Contributor

I can tell you about my most recent experience with inquiries.
In August I bought a new car and during the process I told the Finance Mgr. that I did not want to see a dozen inquiries on my CR's during the next week. I could not have said it any clearer. So when he came back to me with GMAC's offer I saw 5 other offers and asked him what was going on? He was falling all over himself trying to explain that for the purpose of this transaction the number of inquiries on my CR was 2. I had 1 before entering the dealership(Transunion) and he was saying that all 5 that he did would count as one. I knew from previous experiences that he was lying but, what are you gonna do? So a few days later I pulled a new report from TC and on TU I see 6 Inquiries and on Experian I see one more. It really irritated me so I sat down and wrote a dispute of these inquiries to both TU & EX. I've never heard a word from EX but TU responded by saying the usual: "You must contact the company that made the inquiry to determine if they had PP," and so on. I wrote back and said I had gone that route already with no success and asked if it was possible to recode these inquiries to "soft" pulls because they all appeared on the same day for the same purpose. Within 2 weeks my inquiries were back to to one at TU, but I never heard back from them. So, give it a try, what do you have to lose?
Good Luck
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.