Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any help out there?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any help out there?

i have two credit card accounts (older) that were closed at grantor's request, but i continued to pay the accounts, and fianally paid off the balances in full including late fees and interest. but they are still affecting my credit very negatively. is there anything i can do to hae these updated to a more favorable status?

Message Edited by Im_doing_it_right on 03-29-2008 03:45 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there any help out there?

need more info from your CR

Are they a collection?
Are there any 30-60-90 lates?
Is it a charge off?
Is it under account or collection?
DOFD?
ECT.........

Please tell more

Best Regards
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

you'll have to forgive me. i'm new at this, and don't know all the abbreviations:

They were not in collection or ever charged off.
i didn't know what that was at the time, but for the sake of doing the right thing i elected to turn down the settlements that were offered, and pay what i owed.
there were a couple of 30-60 day lates on there, but the account were both paid off in full by me in March of '06... after the accounts were closed. all i need is to see if there is anything i can do to have them updated to paid in full instead of paid/closed at credit grantor's request
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

closed accounts will drop from your CR in approx 7 years from DOFD!

You say the accounts are old but what we need is the DOFD   when you finished paying doesn't change the drop date.

Look at TU and EX CR    it should tell you when they drop

You can always send GW letters.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

what's a GW Letter?

DOFD on one was March of '04
and on the other was March of "06
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am fairly new to the forum (4-5 months)

but in that time i have gained a wealth on info on these matter, but i still to ask for assitance.

I understand that there is a 7 year period BUT

Last month I was talking to an OC (manager) and he told me that it was there policy that they would only report for one year!!!!!!!!!! meaning if you were to dispute it the CA would not verify it.

Also i have a very bad loan with HSBC two years ago and in recent months i have disputed with all three CRA and they have deleted it.

It seems that some company's have an insider policy on how they deal with these issues.

If it is a bad trade line i would not hesitate to Dispute it as "not mine"

If that doesn't work you can GW.

Best Wishes
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dates should be the same.....I would either  dispute the 2006 date OR  write the creditor & have it corrected.   Payments do not change the DOFD

You can also  dispute the OC   and wait for them to verify.....see if the dat is corrected....IF not send the OC  the OC letter and check it for your self.

This is full of info.    click goodwill
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help; I will definited review these letters. i appreciate the resource!

... here's hoping
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.