Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Possible?

tag
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Is this Possible?

I got two alerts today. The experian score dropped 26 pts. The balance on one of your accounts has increased by $5 and other account has increased by $9. They are both capital one credit cards. Please explain. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this Possible?

Impossible to guess.  Is it an Experian FICO score (does it say FICO on it)?

Alerts may not have anything to do with what the update information says in regards to your score change.  We need more information on your overall credit profile.

Message 2 of 5
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

I have Experian Subscription as well. Both Experian Myfico Experian says fico8. 

Revolving and open accounts: Amex Authorized User, Capital one $5000 CL and Capital one silver $2500. Chase Card $728 as Charged-off. Citibank Charged-off $3233.American express Charged-off $2053. Installment Account: American honda finanaced Repo to Charged off $4293. late payment on 3 accounts. Collection:Exin $2597, Eastern Account system $400, Afni Att $402, Steller Rec paid collection, Portfolio Rec $762. 

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Amiashu12 wrote:

I have Experian Subscription as well. Both Experian Myfico Experian says fico8. 

Revolving and open accounts: Amex Authorized User, Capital one $5000 CL and Capital one silver $2500. Chase Card $728 as Charged-off. Citibank Charged-off $3233.American express Charged-off $2053. Installment Account: American honda finanaced Repo to Charged off $4293. late payment on 3 accounts. Collection:Exin $2597, Eastern Account system $400, Afni Att $402, Steller Rec paid collection, Portfolio Rec $762. 

Were you going through disputes on any of those red tradelines?  All bets are off scoring wise if so, especially if the dispute triggered a re-report on a CO or something.

Do address the CO's when you can though, those are awful when it comes to scoring; actually I'd strongly suggest just focus on addressing the negatives right now, don't worry about what FICO 8 does in the short term.

        
Message 4 of 5
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

yes a credit repair company have disputed everything that was on my report. So after disputing, if the dispute triggered a re-report on a charge-off, does the balance remain $0 or it goes back to what i owe?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.