Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a duplicate loan? Federal student loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a duplicate loan? Federal student loan

I had a federal student loan that was in default. Without my knowlege another company purchased the loan. The new loan is now current repayment status, but the old loan shows a zero balance, TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER LENDER, and its shows CHGOFF/DEFAULT. I know this is hurting my score, is this technically a duplicate?, any way I can get this removed? Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a duplicate loan? Federal student loan

aerospace10 wrote:
I had a federal student loan that was in default. Without my knowlege another company purchased the loan. The new loan is now current repayment status, but the old loan shows a zero balance, TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER LENDER, and its shows CHGOFF/DEFAULT. I know this is hurting my score, is this technically a duplicate?, any way I can get this removed? Thanks

Not a duplicate.

Probably not going to get removed, not at this time tho, unless you offer to pif in a PFD to the CA and they accept. You might be able to get the CA to delete once repayment plan succesfully completed.

An OC and a CA can both report the same account at the same time.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-04-2008 04:45 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.