Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good Credit Alert?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a good Credit Alert?

Received this credit alert from Equifax.

I sent out a dispute couple of days ago, regarding a late payment I had with Bloomingdales.  I paid the charge in full and sent a dispute to have it removed under my negative account.  Anyone with experience on this, that is having a negative account removed.  I only have one 30 day with this card, all my other card are paid on time.

Thanks

04/15/2012

Equifax- Account Information

Archive this alert   |Hide alert details

The following changes were reported for your BLOOM/DSNB account :
Balance Amount Changed from $333 to $0
Comments on your account changed from Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process to Charge

Equifax - Account Information

Creditors who you have an existing relationship with periodically report changes to your account. If you feel these changes are incorrect, contact the creditor as this may be a sign of fraud.

Company Contact Information:PO Box 8218, 
Mason,  OH 450408218
(800) 243-6552  

BLOOM/DSNB

Company/Account Name:BLOOM/DSNB 
Company Address/Phone:PO Box 8218, Mason,  OH 450408218
(800) 243-6552 
Account Number:210447064XXXX 
Date Opened:01/01/11
Last Activity:03/01/12
Type:Revolving or Option 
Rate/Status:Pays account as agreed
High Credit:N/A
Terms:N/A
Balance:$0
Past Due:$0
Most Recent Date Reported:04/01/12
Comments on Account:Charge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a good Credit Alert?

I got bumped up 7 points Smiley Happy  From 650 to 657 on my Equifax Score. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It means the late cost 7 points. Congrats.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think this is something I can get removed from  my negative account, being that this is the only account that is reported negative?

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Did you pull a new FICO report since the dispute? If so, is the red flag still there?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a message saying that it will take about 45 days for the dispute to process.  I am going to pull a new report on Tuesday.  Use that report and send a lettter to TU to remove the collectino account.

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

What you posted above isn't a collections account. It's a Bloomingdales charge account. It shows from the alert that the dispute is over. I don't see anything negative about it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say after this Bloomingdale dispute I was going to send another dispute to get the collection account removed.  The alert shows that the balance has been decreased, I am going to pull a new report tomorrow.  Hopefully the negative account is removed and not just an update of the amount decrease.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.