Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a proper reply to a PFD letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a proper reply to a PFD letter?

Firstly, I wrote a PFD letter for my DFH to a CA. It's an old med bill for $89.15. Of course I used the awesome template that I found on myfico. My letter was sent 12/12/07. After that, I honestly forgotten about it. They finally responded on 1/23/08 (I received it on the 31st). Not to mention that they sent the letter to his mother's house and not our address. Anyways, here's their response:

------------------------------
Acct of: BR GEN MED. CTR
Bal due: $89.15
xxxxxxxxx
Name

Attached is the information requested by you regarding the above account. Unless we hear from you to the contrary, we shall now expect payment of your past due balance.

Yours Truly,
Southern Credit Recovery
(acct rep's name, ext, no signature)
---------------------------------------

They sent that along with a print out (with extremely LARGE font) of the account and balance. I didn't ask for any of that as I know the account and the balance. I only asked that they agree to the terms of the letter, state that in a return letter with a signature and in return they would receive their payment. Geez.
So should I rewrite them asking for better acknowledgement of the terms before sending a payment or just let it drop off his account in approximately 364 days from now?

Thanx for ANY responses...

P.S.--I apologize to ANY and EVERYONE that posted a response before I finished editing this post. As I accidently pressed enter right after creating the subject line and when you opened the thread you got a bunch of ....nothing. Sorry!

Message Edited by BlkRusshin on 02-04-2008 08:00 AM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is this a normal answer to a PFD letter?

Yes, it is very normal to use :silence: as refusal to delete. You can always try again.
Message 2 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Is this a proper reply to a PFD letter?

Try again.  You should eventually reach someone who can actually read.  S***heads!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fishbjc wrote:
Try again.  You should eventually reach someone who can actually read.  S***heads!

Thanks fishbjc. It's like they just totally disregarded the entire frickin letter and sent that crap in response.

Not only will I resend the original letter, but I will also send them a copy of the copy (of the acct) that they sent to me in an even BIGGER font!

HAHAH...we'll see how they like "dem apples"!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, just send another PFD (check your SOL first though) and point out that the debt is past the time that they can proceed with court action so they 'technically' have no way to collect unless you are willing to pay - and you are not willing to pay if it will remain on your CR because it will come off per code in less than a year.... PLAIN TALK - nothing fancy.  No advantage to them unless tey accept your terms - and send the letter after the 20th of the month - if they haven't collected enough for the month (and hit goals) - much better chance of saying why not do this.
Message 5 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I had an issue with a hospital bill once.  It was during the holidays.  I sent, on very decorative holiday paper, my letter.

I actually received a phone call telling me how that brightened their day and they were going to get right on my account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other hand, my friend Em had a fairly small hospital debt for her dh.  She could afford $20 per month (back in the day).  The hospital collector called her and they discussed a larger monthly payment.  Em dropped off a sack full of pennies the next day.  

Ah, those were the days!!!!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sent 2 PFD's to Southern Credit Recovery and havent heard a word back from them. If you dont mind me asking what address did you use for them ?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have sent 2 PFD's to Southern Credit Recovery and havent heard a word back from them. If you dont mind me asking what address did you use for them ?

Here ya go sillyazz:

Southern Credit Recovery
3228 6th Street
Metarie, LA 70002

Now on the letterhead, there's also a "Suite 201" on there. But I sent it without that and apparently they still received it.

Thanks alot LadyScarlet. I don't know if I'm looking at the correct things or not, but I canNOT absolutely find anywhere (and I've been searching for 2 hours) what's the exact SoL in reference to old med bills. I see it (SoL) in reference to everything else in Louisiana. I'm wondering if med bills fall under contracts...perhaps? *sigh*

Hey fishbjc, ok your Em story literally made me LOL. I pictured thousands of pennies in Crown Royal bags! Prolly because that's where I keep my change stash...hehe
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ALSO, what does "Date Reported" really means on the CR?
I just noticed that the CA (Southern Credit Recovery) reported on Jan 01, 2008 with Equifax and Jan 12, 2008 with TransUnion but not at all with Experian. And the last time they reported with all three was on 1/17/2006.

Hmm...
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here ya go sillyazz:

Southern Credit Recovery
3228 6th Street
Metarie, LA 70002

Now on the letterhead, there's also a "Suite 201" on there. But I sent it without that and apparently they still received it.

Thanks alot LadyScarlet. I don't know if I'm looking at the correct things or not, but I canNOT absolutely find anywhere (and I've been searching for 2 hours) what's the exact SoL in reference to old med bills. I see it (SoL) in reference to everything else in Louisiana. I'm wondering if med bills fall under contracts...perhaps? *sigh*

Hey fishbjc, ok your Em story literally made me LOL. I pictured thousands of pennies in Crown Royal bags! Prolly because that's where I keep my change stash...hehe

Thanks
 That is  the address I used , the last one I sent was with the #201 on it. Wish I could help on the Sol question but I dont know the answer either.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.