Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this an HP?

Trying to reset my password online for a bank. I was asked to agree to this (but have not yet):

By agreeing to this disclosure, you are providing “written instructions” to [Bank Name] under
the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain information from your personal credit report from
Experian. You authorize [Bank Name] to obtain such information solely to confirm your
identity to avoid fraudulent transactions in your name.

That would give me an HP wouldn't it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this an HP?

I have never personally heard of an identity confirmation resulting in a HP... but maybe others have?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the bank this morning to do reset my password and they told me it'd be a soft pull on Ex. Let's hope that's the case when my report updates in a few weeks!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see why it wouldn't be.  HPs are used when applying for new credit and occasionally when requesting additional credit (from someone you already have credit with).  A change involving a name or any other account data should not be a reason for a HP as far as I know.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.