cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an example of reaging and other questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this an example of reaging and other questions.

Thank you in advanced for giving feedback to any of the following situations.

1.  I paid a First Priemer Collections (for less than...) in 11/07.  I thought it would come off my CR.  This was before I ever came to these forums.  Well, as you know, it sits on all 3 reports and the CA says they will not remove it.  It says date of first deliquency is 6/06.  It says report date is 2/08.  Is it that since I paid it, they are allowed to change the report date? 

2. I have another First Priemer that was included in bankruptcy. Early this year it was not reporting as such.  This account is from 01 and was included in an 9/03 bankruptcy.  I disputed it thinking that it would just fall off my CRs.  Instead it now says report date 3/08 and included in bankrupcy.  It does not have a fall off date or date of first deliquency.  It only includes a date for first MAJOR deliquency of 6/03.   What does this new reporting information mean?  Did I mess up by having the status changed to included in bankruptcy?  I thought it would fall off.  None of my other accounts that were included in my bankruptcy show on Equifax.  It is only on Equifax that there is even an account history documented passed 12/07.

3. Midland Madness:  Should I bother with them since I still have 3 more years in SOL?   Supposedly, this is for and Aspire FDOD is 8/05.  Equifax says my date of last payment is 9/06.  This I doubt!  Equifax and TU are reporting it as an open account.  Ex reports it as a closed account.  Last month Equifax was reporting it as a revolving account.  Now it says collections. 

I am unclear with reporting.  I thought that a company had 90 days from DOFD to start reporting.  Should all of this be reporting as if it is all new information?  How does this affect me?

4. I have a $69.00 collections from Escallate.  I have spoken to them (not claiming it as mine), spoken with the original creditor stating that I would pay it just to rid myself of it.  They will not budge in terms of removing it.  Should I just pay it anyway?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this an example of reaging and other questions.

1.  I paid a First Priemer Collections (for less than...) in 11/07.  I thought it would come off my CR.  This was before I ever came to these forums.  Well, as you know, it sits on all 3 reports and the CA says they will not remove it.  It says date of first deliquency is 6/06.  It says report date is 2/08.  Is it that since I paid it, they are allowed to change the report date? 

DOFD6/06     this sets the drop date (CRTP)  it will drop from your CR by the end of 6/2013
The report date just means that that is the last date that they reported. The report date will change everything that they report it!

3. Midland Madness:  Should I bother with them since I still have 3 more years in SOL?   Supposedly, this is for and Aspire FDOD is 8/05.  Equifax says my date of last payment is 9/06.  This I doubt!  Equifax and TU are reporting it as an open account.  Ex reports it as a closed account.  Last month Equifax was reporting it as a revolving account.  Now it says collections. 

Midland is a CA   and may show open date....meaning the date that they were assigned or bought the account ONLY.......IF the DOFD is reported as 8/05   and you never made any payment after that....the DOLA  is reported wrong!   IF you try & correct it they might file a lawsuit!

Collections would be the correct report. When an account is COd   it is ALWAYS  a closed account!

IF you can not afford to pay this I would live with it until it is past SOL!!

I am unclear with reporting.  I thought that a company had 90 days from DOFD to start reporting.  Should all of this be reporting as if it is all new information?  How does this affect me?

When an OC reports a CO  they have I think 120 or 180 days to report  BUT the DOFD  doesn not change after CO!!!!   The DOLA can change but only if YOU make a payment.

4. I have a $69.00 collections from Escallate.  I have spoken to them (not claiming it as mine), spoken with the original creditor stating that I would pay it just to rid myself of it.  They will not budge in terms of removing it.  Should I just pay it anyway?

IMO  never pay without a PFD.......Who owns the account the OC or the CA???  what is the DOFD?  what is the SOL?      what type of debt is it?

Im sorry I do not know enough about BK to answer your question.........if someone in here can not help   then I would advise you to post the question on the BK thread    you will get an answer!

Wait awhile for someone to answer before reposting
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you HappyDays.

With the $69.00, Escallate Collections owns it.  When I spoke with them, they said they would do whatever the OC told them to do.  The OC is Emergency Medical Professionals of my county.  They are no longer in my county.  They are now in Florida, I think.  The DOFD is 6/06. 

I did call EMP and was flat out told that even if I paid Escallate, they will not delete it even with a letter. 
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

RecoveringMyLife wrote:
Thank you HappyDays.

With the $69.00, Escallate Collections owns it.  When I spoke with them, they said they would do whatever the OC told them to do.  The OC is Emergency Medical Professionals of my county.  They are no longer in my county.  They are now in Florida, I think.  The DOFD is 6/06. 

I did call EMP and was flat out told that even if I paid Escallate, they will not delete it even with a letter. 

IF the CA owns the debt   they would not need to ask the OC  they lied to you.

What is the state law as far as CAs go??  do they require a license by law?  if so do they have 1??
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in NY and if I am reading correctly, no license if required of CAs here.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency Licensing Requirements:

There is generally no statutory licensing or bond requirements for conducting collection activities in the State of New York.  However, some individual cities or counties in the State of New York may require the posting of a bond before a collector may conduct collection activities

check your city or county!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have searched and searched.  I cannot find anything re: my county.  I will have to call the county clerk's office on Monday.  I did, however, find othe people's personal court summons and filed judgements. Scary!

Thank you very much for your help.  At least now I know that the folks at Escallate have not been giving me accurate information.

Message Edited by RecoveringMyLife on 03-22-2008 05:57 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.