Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this going to HURT MY SCORE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this going to HURT MY SCORE?

I recently applied for a Discover Students card, and got denied saying there was a recently processed or pending application. I had totally forgotten that i had just applied for a discover card a month ago. 

My question is, is this going to hurt my score?

In the letter they sent me stating why i was declined, it said that the credit bureaus pulled while making this decision were 'NONE'

I am not sure what it means.

I am totally new to credit, and would greatly appreciate any help from all you awesome people out there. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this going to HURT MY SCORE?

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied for a Discover Students card, and got denied saying there was a recently processed or pending application. I had totally forgotten that i had just applied for a discover card a month ago. 

In the letter they sent me stating why i was declined, it said that the credit bureaus pulled while making this decision were 'NONE'

I am totally new to credit, and would greatly appreciate any help from all you awesome people out there. Thanks!

From the letter it means it was cancelled and they did not pull your credit.  No pull = no inquiry = no damage to your credit from your application.

        
Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Is this going to HURT MY SCORE?

@Anonymous wrote:

No it won't hurt your score.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.