Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this incorrect

Okay, DH's report shows this....

Hsbc Nv                        amount unknown

Hsbc Nv                        $850

Midland Credit               $2,499

Midland Credit               $862

While trying to figure out who exactly midland credit was, I discovered on another report that midland was a collection agency for Hsbc.  I'm figuring that the amount unkown and $2,499 are for the same account and that the $850 and $862 are for the same account.  These are all listed under creditors.  Is this correct reporting?  Or is it considered reporting twice?  (since the midland is not under collections, but just under accounts??)

Message Edited by willows on 10-30-2007 06:37 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this incorrect

My understanding is the Midland has to OWN the debt to report it this way- instead as a collection. If this is the case HSBC should be reporting $0 balance.

How is the Account Status listed?

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, DH's report shows this....

Hsbc Nv amount unknown

Hsbc Nv $850

Midland Credit $2,499

Midland Credit $862

While trying to figure out who exactly midland credit was, I discovered on another report that midland was a collection agency for Hsbc. I'm figuring that the amount unkown and $2,499 are for the same account and that the $850 and $862 are for the same account. These are all listed under creditors. Is this correct reporting? Or is it considered reporting twice? (since the midland is not under collections, but just under accounts??)

Message Edited by willows on 10-30-2007 06:37 AM

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this incorrect

Ah, I see,

It does show a 0 balance until you look further.  Status of Hsbc accounts say that it is transfered to another office/lender.

I get it now.  Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.