Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this initial communication?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this initial communication?

Received a call from CA on 01/29 and asked them to send all the communications in writing. I have not received any info so far. I'm going to DV this week. Just want to make sure that the 30 days clock start ticking only from now. The collection is placed on 12/07 but I got the call only this week.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this initial communication?

call was the 'initial' - they must mail within 5 days the paer notice.  If you have caller id take a pic of the calll info just in case.  Did they give you an address?  Many CAs have multiple locations - you would need to know where to send it.  If on your CR use that address
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

#1  most CAs do not bother to notify you to begain with...it just shows up on your CR

#2  a phone call can start it  with a follow up letter.

#3  the law says that the first steps must be done before they report....doesn't stop them!

#4  ALWAYS check your CRs  for CAs to appear......it doesn't matter if they notified you first or not.

This is how the 30 day thingy works

IF NOT on your CR   you DV within 30 days of receiving notice   they can not report until they answer

If it IS on your CR.....send a DV...they must answer within 30 days OR stop all collections (including reporting)

ALWAYS mail  CMRRR  to all CAs     DO NOT sign your name  just type it!

ALWAYS know your SOL before doing anything!
  simple SOL

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-03-2008 04:03 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-03-2008 04:05 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady and Happy thank you. You answered several of questions before. I'm a newbie here and your help is amazing and much appreciated. CA didn't give me an address but I found it from CR. It's the famous "Asset acceptance".
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.