cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this legal? Creditor reported 9 separate accounts for co-pays to my credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this legal? Creditor reported 9 separate accounts for co-pays to my credit reports

So I have been dealing with a work comp injury and have been to the dr several times in a matter of 2 months. There was a $15.00 copay for each visit but I did not pay it due to it being workmens comp. The doctor office claim they didnt know it was workmens comp even though I have paperwork to prove otherwise. Long story short they reported to the credit bureaus that I owe but they did not consolidate the amount to say I owe 135.00 - they reported it all seperately for each 15 dollar amount. So it looks like I owe money for 9 different accounts yet they use the same account number for each one. Can anyone tell me if this is legal to do? It seems like an obvious spiteful thing to do and I am in the process to buy a house so it is really screwing my scores. I live in Minnesota. Thank you !!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this legal? Creditor reported 9 separate accounts for co-pays to my credit reports

Will they be deleted if PAID? as medical?

My friend just has a $30 Copay hit her score... she had a 780-801 FICO scores
and it plummeted to 660-680's!
IT SUCKS! Should be Illegal!

Questions: Do Medical related bills less than $100 have to be deleted?

Though I read paid medical has to be deleted (also with student loans?) When they are under 1000?

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this legal? Creditor reported 9 separate accounts for co-pays to my credit reports

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have been dealing with a work comp injury and have been to the dr several times in a matter of 2 months. There was a $15.00 copay for each visit but I did not pay it due to it being workmens comp. The doctor office claim they didnt know it was workmens comp even though I have paperwork to prove otherwise. Long story short they reported to the credit bureaus that I owe but they did not consolidate the amount to say I owe 135.00 - they reported it all seperately for each 15 dollar amount. So it looks like I owe money for 9 different accounts yet they use the same account number for each one. Can anyone tell me if this is legal to do? It seems like an obvious spiteful thing to do and I am in the process to buy a house so it is really screwing my scores. I live in Minnesota. Thank you !!

Use the PFD to the CA if they wont play ball move on to the HIPAA process you can Google it up. Good luck Smiley Happy

@JTC403 wrote:
Will they be deleted if PAID? as medical? Use same processes I told the OP to use, Good luck Smiley Happy

My friend just has a $30 Copay hit her score... she had a 780-801 FICO scores
and it plummeted to 660-680's!
IT SUCKS! Should be Illegal!

Questions: Do Medical related bills less than $100 have to be deleted? No, the new version of Fico discounts items under 100 as nuisance collections.

Though I read paid medical has to be deleted (also with student loans?) When they are under 1000? Have no idea on the SLs but I would bet thats an old wives tale

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.