Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this legal?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this legal?!

Hello all, My story starts about 4 years ago when I did a short sale on my home. The bank did the usual dinging of my credit until July 2011 closing it with a Charge Off. I entered into a unsecured promissory note agreement for a more affordable monthly payments with some money down and have been paying on-time for the 4 years without an issue. All payments on time. Then about a year ago they started reporting the amount owned to a new open account number on my credit report. The fact the account is stated as open and a secured loan seems wrong to me. I think the bank was purchased by another bank and they restructured their account numbers. So the bank is now reporting me more than 4 months late each and every month for the past 24 months. I called them and they are taking this personal attempting to 'poison' my credit for as long as they can. How can they be reporting me late each and every month when I have a new promissory note payment which I am honoring?!? They told me this will continue until the amount owed is satisfied. That could take years!!!!! The credit agency is siding with the lender. What should I do? Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is this legal?!

Whether or not it is "legal" is a determination of a court upon review of the documents and the law.

I would recommend a consultatiation with an attorney, who can review the terms of your documents.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.