Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this proper 'validation' after a DV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this proper 'validation' after a DV?

I sent Tuscani's letter to IC Systems - this is what I received in return:

1.       A copy of the alleged original contract or other instrument bearing my signature

My patient registration form which shows that I am being treated for my knees - but it has my signature

2.       Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

Yes detailed and stating that I was 'rude' when they talked to me and I told them I was with other people.  They have added 30% to the bill for collection fees.  In the patient registration form I signed it states "25% of the unpaid balance  for reasonable attorney's fee,  together with the additional costs and expenses of collection to the extent permitted by law.

3.       Evidence of your authorization under 15 USC 1692(e) and 15 USC 1692(f) in this alleged matter

Only a letter from the rehab place to IC Systems detailing my account was included.

4.       Evidence that your company is registered as a consumer collection agency in the State Of Maryland.

Nothing at all

They did include the following letter:

We will honor your request that IC Systems cease communications with you regarding the debt specified above.  We are terminating further efforts and will not communicate with you again unless you contact us and request us to do so.

However, you should be aware of the following: Once a week, I C Systems sends an electronic file to the credit rporting agencies listing all debts that are unresolved and unpaid more than 30 days after IC began its collection efforts.  The credit reporting agencies may keep this debt information in their files for up to seven years.  You have the right to inspect your credit file in accordance with federal law.

Your dispute has been noted and information verifying the debt is attached to this letter.

We are a debt collector attempting to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this proper 'validation' after a DV?

What year did this take place??  written contract SOL is only 3 years in Maryland.

They lied to you. It can only stay on your CR 7-7.5 years from DOFD
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oct 25 - Nov 15, 2005 for treatment.   I know I am within SOL (it's $130 total for treatment so I can pay)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

first I would find out if the OC still owned that account. If they do, send them a PFD. Only deal with the CA if you have to.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.