Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this right?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this right?

I had paid off a judment to Cap1 last month and a couple days later they showed a $10 increase in my balance. Obviously they hadn't quite "received" my payment or got word of it prior to doing that. Anyway, I disputed it as paid, then got this on my report now. Just wondering, I know it does say $0 balance, but should it say "PAID" or anything of that sort in the status? Should I dispute this as not actually SAYING paid even though it says $0 or should I leave it alone? Technically since the balance is $0, it's paid, it just bothers me that it doesn't SAY paid, it still says "charged off account" and "inactive"...

Credit AccountCredit Account Cap One
Status as of [?] Feb, 2008
Date opened [?] Aug, 2002
Date of last activity [?] Aug, 2005
Date closed [?] Not Reported
Account number [?] Not Reported
Loan type [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] $1,000
Terms [?] Not Reported
Account Type [?] Revolving
Account holder [?] Individual
Scheduled payment amount [?] $0
Account status [?] Account is Inactive
Descriptions [?]
  • Charged off account
  • Account closed by credit grantor

Message Edited by slove1106 on 03-06-2008 02:40 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this right?

I'd wait 'till the end of the month. Maybe they'll update then. What did the dispute results say?

The extra $10 probably came from interest from the previous month's balance.

When all is said and done, it should read "paid CO". Then start GWing to get that removed.

How late what it before they tried to sue you (or how close to your SOL)? DW has a CO from CapOne and they are refusing our PFDs. SOL expires in the fall.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was something like a couple months before SOL was up. I've heard no matter what, Cap1 will getcha. Just when you think you're in the clear, they'll get that judgment on you like 2 months before expiration!

Well... that WAS the update... (showing $0 balance) The dispute said it was done and when I checked what was done, the post above was it. Basically, all they changed was the balance, but didn't put "PAID"... It's "supposed" to isn't it? I know they can do whatever the h*&^ they want... but don't they usually change it to PAID at least???
Message 3 of 5
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I think I've heard they usually put paid/settled something like that.  I'd hang tight for a while though - most people have said once they pay Cap 1/the CA collecting for them it usually takes 30-45 days.  I personally don't know since I haven't taken care of them yet lol
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 4 of 5
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

I had a couple of those come up on my reports.  I disputed through the CRAs that the account should be listed as paid/closed.  It didn't take very long for them to be changed to that, but it really didn't do anything for my score.  It was more of a personal preference to make sure they were listed correctly that way.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.