Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this true?

tag
mlynne37wiu
Valued Member

Is this true?

I spoke with someone today regarding the possibility of a GW adjustment and she said their company can't do it because it's against the Fair Debt Collection Act (or something like that...it was really long and I didn't catch all of it...sorry!).

She then told me to contact the individual CRAs for assistance.  Is any of this true?  I keep hearing so many different things I feel like my head is spinning! Smiley Happy
October 2008 TU 687 EQ 644 EX 698

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this true?

Not true.
Message 2 of 4
mlynne37wiu
Valued Member

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can say to counter-argue with them?  I sent another GW letter and got another call right away, but don't want to talk to them until I have some backing to go along with it.  They pull out these "against the law," "against company policy" rules and I have nothing to say back to them....HELP!
October 2008 TU 687 EQ 644 EX 698

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no point in arguing with that person. The best bet would be to just send a letter and ask for the GW adjustment. If you get the same response in writing then you can keep trying maybe every couple months or just accept that the company doesn't do GW adjustments. Some companies do, some don't.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.