Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this true?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this true?

I spoke with an CA and they told me that once they receive your account you have 30 days to dispute or pay before it goes to the credit bureaus.  Is this correct?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this true?

myhearts07 wrote:
I spoke with an CA and they told me that once they receive your account you have 30 days to dispute or pay before it goes to the credit bureaus.  Is this correct?

I don't know that it is a fact, but it sounds correct, as well as reasonable.  By the time it gets to a CA, I would assume that the customer is probably already more than 30 days late.  The way you  have described this above, it sounds like they give you another 30 days before reporting to the credit bureaus.  If so, and you are able to pay, I would try to get that in writing before paying.

If it's not your debt. you will have to dispute it through the credit bureau. I would never pay a debt that wasn't mine just to keep it off my report. That would be extortion on their part.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-30-2007 10:00 AM
Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Depends.

Generaly you DV a CA within 30 days of their first letter. They are violating the law if they report without providing proper validation. Do a Google seach for " credit 1 2 punch". Smiley Happy  

Message Edited by Tuscani on 07-30-2007 11:59 AM
Message 3 of 11
sl
Established Contributor

I believe it is true.  I got notice once I was going to collections and I paid asap and never it my cr.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a legit debt that I have paid, and it is not reporting yet on my cr, but the CA said that they couldn't send me a letter because they are not going to report it.  Go figure.....

Thanks for your input.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me that you have some sort of documentation that shows that you have paid the debt (I assume you mean paid in full?).
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the check from the bank and it is also posted on my bank statement.

Is this good enough?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would certainly think so.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a notice from a CA and contact them and was told I could pay half and then pay half the next month.  I paid half and instead of them waiting for me to send the other half, they waited 2 weeks and put it on my report anyway. 
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have a written agreement with them, like PFD?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.