Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Pulling Equifax via USAA

tag
CarlyK82
New Contributor

Issues With Pulling Equifax via USAA

Alrighty, I am at my wits end. It took me a few days to be able to call since I had an uncontrollable 3 year old, but on Monday (or maybe Sunday), I wasn't able to do my daily pull from USAA. Reason being: it said that there is not file for me or the information doesn't match & I should call EQ.

Let's move along to today...I call EQ after said toddler falls asleep for nap time. I speak with the guy who tells me that because USAA is a thirs party, they cannot be trusted and I need to take up the issue with them, as he is able to pull up my credit report without an issue. He said I have no freezes, secruity alerts, fraud alerts, nothing that would cause these problems other than using a 3rd party service & that I should sign up with the EQ service so I can get my credit score. I told him I don't rely on those scores, only FICO scores, and he tells me nobody uses them anymore. *rolls eyes*

I hang up eventually after listening to his attempt to sell my the product. I call back. I get the same thing, that there is no reason why my report shouldn't be popping up. Same thing.

I am getting mad now because this is crap. Right now I am waiting for Asset Acceptance to go away, a new collection popped up that should've been handled when I became employed (new employee blood work & labs) and things like Aaron's Furniture thinking it is okay to list the same account twice on my credit reports. For me. not only am I paying for something that I cannot use, but I can't get answers, and I am frustrated.

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do or try now?

Officially in the garden...for like, EVER (or at least a really long time)

Starting Score: TU: 636 EQ: ?? EX: ??
Current Score:TU: 641 EQ: 643 EX: ??
Goal Score: 700s Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CarlyK82
New Contributor

Re: Issues With Pulling Equifax via USAA

I just wanted to say...I fixed it. USAA & the credit check monitoring all had old address that were listed on my reports, but have since been removed from EQ. Updated them to all of the same & viola, working.

Now, to sit here and bite my nails as the foreclosure we had placed a bid on and lost is back on the market as of today, as apparently the bid that beat us fell through. It's going to be a LONG weekend.

Officially in the garden...for like, EVER (or at least a really long time)

Starting Score: TU: 636 EQ: ?? EX: ??
Current Score:TU: 641 EQ: 643 EX: ??
Goal Score: 700s Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Oh man.  Now is the time to have a very energetic three year old!  It will help pass the time!!  Smiley Happy

I thought USAA went to once a month pulls.   One of the reasons I had dropped them last year.  Did it change back to daily pulls allowed?

Message 3 of 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

USAA still has a daily pull product for $24.95.

I ended up keeping the service due to the discount and great customer service, but really should cancel. It doesn't really suit my needs and getting alerts without an updated Plus Score is irritating.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.