Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been a busy week; more work to be done

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a busy week; more work to be done

This week I disputed many things on TU and EX. I sent out 4 GW letters. With the info gained here I've started helping my long time friend with her credit reports (it's the worst I've ever seen) and I've turned on my sister to this site.
My friend is not computer savy and she was going to pay a CRO $950 to help her. I about died and told her to take me out to dinner and bring her reports with her and together we'll try to improve her situation.

Anyway, I have a situation with Union Bank. I closed my checking acct and an ATM withdrawal came in for $50. I tried to dispute this and in the meanwhile they added $100 fee and turned it over to a CA and reported to ChexSystems. When I got the letter from the CA I immediately paid the $152.00. But now the collection is on my CR and I can't open a another bank acct because of ChexSystem. I'll carry this baggage for 6 more yrs. BofA told me they only report in situations like this if the outstanding debt is over $300. I'm in this stupid mess because of $50.00. I know I should have just paid it and moved on.....oh well, hindsight!!!!

Should I try GW letter? Does anyone know any contacts at Union Bank?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's been a busy week; more work to be done

I thought ChexSystems only stayed on for 5 years.............not that it makes much of a differenceSmiley Sad

I would try the GW to Union Bank, couldn't hurt. 
You might also want to send that letter via PFB

-trini
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.