Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items being double reported - NEED HELP

tag
themacstack
Established Member

Items being double reported - NEED HELP

OK I have two credit card accounts that I let go bad.  My fault.  But now HSBC has sold the accounts to Portfolio and both cards are being reported by HSBC and Portfolio on my three credit reports.  Same accounts, the HSBC accounts have a zero balance and the Portfolion accounts are showing a balance.

I am trying, unsuccessfully so far, to get a PFD from Portfolio but in addition I feel I am getting double dinged by HSBC for these since the same account is being reported twice.  A total of four BADDIES on my CR's.

Can I ask that HSBC remove theirs since they have no finanicial interest in these accounts anymore?   I don't feel the double hit is fair.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Items being double reported - NEED HELP

Welcome to the forums. I think they may be reported twice because one shows up as a credit account and the other as a collection. Is the card showing as closed?

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The OC account can properly remain, reflecting your payment history with them.

When they sold the cebt, they were required, and apparently did, update the debt balance owed to them to $0.

Thus, there is no double reporting of the current debt balance, which is now totally with the new owner.

However, the new owner should only be reporting delinquencies that occured under their watch.

If the new owner is reporting delinquencies that were also reported by the OC, contact them and request they be removed.

If they wont comply, then file a direct dispute with them for inaccurate reporting of delinquencies that were not incurred under your account with them, and are reporting under the OC account.

Message 3 of 8
themacstack
Established Member

Yes, all four items say Closed

Message 4 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

This is, unfortunately, how a charge-off and collection get reported. If the collections are paid, you should try to send goodwill to both the CA and OC for each.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 8
themacstack
Established Member

They aren't paid.  Total owed in around $1,100 with Portfolio.  The won't PFD.  I have no idea if they will respond to a Goodwill either.  Seems like the words "Goodwill" and "Portfolio Recovery" are oxymorons.  There is nothing good about them.  I am really struggling with paying them $1,100 and getting zero FICO benefit.  

Message 6 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

There is more to lender approval than a FICO score. Prime lenders are unlikely to approve you for new accounts with unpaid collections, regardless of your FICO score.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 8
themacstack
Established Member

Trying to get where I can buy a house in a year.  Right now my scores are 602 EX, 622, EQ, 663, TU.  These double hits are killing me.   Seems so unfair.  Like being tried twice for the same crime.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.