Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items listed twice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Items listed twice?

I was looking at my wife's report and she has several of the same accounts being reported twice.  These are on her good standing accounts sections, and most were refinances.  My question is should I dispute these or leave well enough alone?
Thanks dP
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Items listed twice?

What type of accounts? Are the balances and account numbers the same?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, what it looks like is the company refinanced every month.  The balances go down 15-30 dollars each month.  I don't know what they did it looks kinda wierd.

First Bank and Trust/SD
01/02 $180
account refinanaced
01/02 $165
account refinanced
02/02 $144
account refinanced
2/02 $120
paid closed/never late

There are three more different accounts like this, same company, and it looks to me it was some kind of payment plan?  It looks like they refinanced after each payment?  Does that make any sense?
thanks dP
Message 3 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

What kind of debt is this?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it is a credit card.
dP
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP!!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

deadpools wrote:
 I was looking at my wife's report and she has several of the same accounts being reported twice.  These are on her good standing accounts sections, and most were refinances.  My question is should I dispute these or leave well enough alone?

Are they in any way reported as adverse?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, they are under postive accounts!
dP
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 Cap1 cc different account numbers but what is crazy is in 03 it was charged off and then it shows another one in 05 with a lot of late pays and then closed.  That was during my divorce and I dont remember having that cc im thinking that my ex-wife signed my name. I would like to dispute as not mine but im afraid that would cause a lot of grief for her. not sure what to do
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.