Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items "removed" from CR on Credit Karma

tag
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

Items "removed" from CR on Credit Karma

Had several negative accounts that I recently disputed. Checked my Credit Karma reports today a d several old paid CO accounts and one CA with PRA were removed. However, I subscribe to monitoring through EQ and all items remain on my EQ report except the PRA CA. Also, I subscribe to the monthly monitoring here and have received no alerts saying any changes have occurred. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking it's a glitch with Credit Karma but it would be soooo awesome if it really did happen lol. Brought my FAKO scores on their site up to almost 700, even though I know FAKO are worthless, it sure felt good to see those numbers Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Items "removed" from CR on Credit Karma

@hippychic823 wrote:
Had several negative accounts that I recently disputed. Checked my Credit Karma reports today a d several old paid CO accounts and one CA with PRA were removed. However, I subscribe to monitoring through EQ and all items remain on my EQ report except the PRA CA. Also, I subscribe to the monthly monitoring here and have received no alerts saying any changes have occurred. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking it's a glitch with Credit Karma but it would be soooo awesome if it really did happen lol. Brought my FAKO scores on their site up to almost 700, even though I know FAKO are worthless, it sure felt good to see those numbers Smiley Happy

Disputed items can come back.

Monitoring services don't often catch tradelines that are deleted; CK does better than most actually because it pulls a full file every time and compares it... that said, if CK can't match the account because the tradeline updated or changed or because a mistake in the CK comparison code, it may still indeed be there regardless of CK's saying it is deleted, and anecdotally that can happen with disputes as well.

Would hang out for a while and let the disputes run their course, then look to see where you stand.

        
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a post on these forums right now where a bunch of us are seeing MyFico monitoring isn't being timely at alerts like the free services.

I've gotten numerous alerts and updates from the free services but my $40+ a month MyFico monitoring hasn't updated since 4/26.
Message 3 of 6
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
There's a post on these forums right now where a bunch of us are seeing MyFico monitoring isn't being timely at alerts like the free services.

I've gotten numerous alerts and updates from the free services but my $40+ a month MyFico monitoring hasn't updated since 4/26.

I agree, just today I've gotten alerts from MyFico regaurding score and balance changes. The free sites posted these alerts 3-5 days ago.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@taekwon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree, just today I've gotten alerts from MyFico regaurding score and balance changes. The free sites posted these alerts 3-5 days ago.

Which services?

EQ/EX (the bureaus) are being slow at inserting some data in my case that even Transunion updated on 5/1 and usually Transunion lags by 3-10 days.  I did get a MF TU alert for it on 5/1 FWIW.

The core of the myFICO service is OEM'd from the bureaus; I won't try to defend the product as ultimately money is being paid to MF for it, but it's an awkward arrangement whereas something like CK or the plethora of EX sponsored credit sites are probably in a better position when things are slightly off at the bureaus.

        
Message 5 of 6
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@taekwon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which services?

EQ/EX (the bureaus) are being slow at inserting some data in my case that even Transunion updated on 5/1 and usually Transunion lags by 3-10 days.  I did get a MF TU alert for it on 5/1 FWIW.

The core of the myFICO service is OEM'd from the bureaus; I won't try to defend the product as ultimately money is being paid to MF for it, but it's an awkward arrangement whereas something like CK or the plethora of EX sponsored credit sites are probably in a better position when things are slightly off at the bureaus.

Ck, Wallethub and cap1's Creditwise all reported updates a few days prior to Myfico reporting them.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.