Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items showing up that are NOT on my credit report

tag
johnnypinaz
New Contributor

Items showing up that are NOT on my credit report

Recently I have received mail that was from a collection agency for an old account that was removed my credit file. This was in a brand new house I am renting from an individual. The only thing I had done was utilities turned on but my new address never popped up on my credit reports. I checked.

So how did this agency know about my new address.

Also carmax ran my experian report but also so the new address...

So what are these companies seeing that I am not? I get my reports from EQ, EX, TU, MYfico and myprivacymatters. All each day.

Thanks

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 730
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Items showing up that are NOT on my credit report

There are other bureaus that gather information on consumers than the big 3 credit bureaus. Lexis Nexus comes to mind immediately and I know there are more. The information on your new address could have come from innumerable places including the utility companies. Or if you filed a change of address with the post office. The information we provide to a lot of places is shared and often we have given permission simply by a signature acknowledging their terms of service. I know I don't read them all word for word.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.