Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JBD advice needed!

tag
tpere925
Established Member

JBD advice needed!

Thank you for looking at my post.  I have made a long road to recovery as my scores are all now in the mid 600 range. I was a college student back in 2003 with credit cards and no idea of how credit reporting worked.  I thought that if I ignored the problems, they would all go away. 

I had a credit card in the past that was closed in 12/01.  My last day of activity was 12/03 and my date paid out was 5/03.  I understand SOL and the importance of DV. This credit card show up as payment after charge off/collection.

My question is that I just recieved a call today from a JDB asking me to pay this amount.  I did not recieve a letter I hear many of you talking about before this call and will ask them to verify this debt.  I know this debt has been sold form one company to another and I don't want my score to drop. I have heard others saying that his money the JBD is trying to collect is not debt, but a bad investment?

I do not have any collection mark from the OC for this debt nor from any other CA.  This JBD has not placed any collection mark on my CR either...yet.  I did pay some CA that I can't recall and I believe that may be where the date paid out date may be coming from. 

How do I prevent any damaging info from being placed on my reports when dealing with this situation?  Can the JBD place a collection notice on my report when they are not collecting directly for the OC?? The amout in question is $2300.00 !

Thank you for any reply!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.