Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUST A QUESTION, HOW MANY PEOPLE OUT HATE EQUIFAX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUST A QUESTION, HOW MANY PEOPLE OUT HATE EQUIFAX

I have been watching my credit now for 1 year my score are Transuinion 668 Experian 628 Equifax 583- Now my problem is that the same information is on all three credit agencies How is that Equifax can the lowest score. Then I look at inquiries--most credit card companies use equifax as there tool to determine credit value. this is really unfair----does anyone else hate equifax. I am trying to stay positive,but equifax is like "darth vador" I keep telling myself look into to the ligt, look into the light
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JUST A QUESTION, HOW MANY PEOPLE OUT HATE EQUIFAX

My EQ is also my lowest score.  I actually got an alert today bringing my score up by 37 points.  This brings EQ around the same as the others.  The only problem is that I am currently disputing some lates for my car loan that was recently paid off.  I found many that were not accurate.  So, the dispute has taken that TL out of scoring.  I am sure once the results are in, my EQ will go down again.  It is nice to see all 3 at least 500 across the board.  Wish it would stay that way.
Message 2 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

EQ hates lates which explains my EQ score compaired to my TU/EX.  EQ is nicer at 0% util then EX though.

TU seems to be a rock for me.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a love affair with Equifax, however Experian is my nemisis from the bowels of hell. EQ is 10 - 20 points higher than the others, EX 20 points lower and I can never get them to change disputed items.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is MY FAVORITE..Not only because of it is my highest score but because they are easy to deal with..I can call and dispute with them, fax and/or online..They are very convenient..
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here look at my fico's. My Eq. is the one that keeps bring me down.

I am trying to stay positive and not apply for credit cause I don't want to hurt it more then what it is. I hope it goes up in the next month

HELP!!!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is fair, in my opinion. It's Experian than is the root of all evil. The way Experian hurts your FICO score based on installment loan balances, particularly when compared to Equifax and Transunion, is insane. Of course, I don't have any lates on my credit reports, so that's why my Equifax score is a bit higher than Experian.
Message 7 of 14
cobra19
Valued Contributor

They're all the same. Problem is, they each have different scoring algorithms. You need to learn the peculiarities of each scoring system and dance to their tune.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

EX hates me

EQ used to like me, now EQ loves me  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 14
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Add DH & I to the EQ haters list.  EQ is lowest for both of us. 

DH has a 5yo public record, some collections, some lates, and his EQ is 25 less than TU and 21 less than EX.  He also has a LOT more accounts (mostly closed) on EQ.  He also has a 31% util.

For me TU is only 8 points better than EQ, but EX is LOVES me because they're 40 points higher than EQ.  I have perfect payment history and long credit history, but 30% util.

In our house EQ is our least favorite of all the CBs.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.