Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job might depend on it - Quick Please. . . need an answer re: AFNI &PFD -

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Job might depend on it - Quick Please. . . need an answer re: AFNI &PFD -

Some of you may remember my dispute with AFNI but briefly, they are reporting that I have TWO collection accounts with them based on two old cingular wireless bills.  I DV'd AFNI - they responded with skeleton info. - that Cingular was original creditor and the amounts owed.  I also disputed with the CRA's and AFNI verified.  In the meantime, I filed a complaint with the Illinois AG's Office, which contacted AFNI and the original creditor. The original creditor stated that they have no record of the account numbers OR balances that AFNI is reporting - however, their records show that I did have a past due account with them, which bears a different account number and a different balance than what AFNI is reporting.  The original creditor does not know who they sold my account to so cannot tell me why AFNI has this incorrect info.

Now, what should I do?  I responded to the AG's office basically saying, look the original creditor is confirming that AFNI's information is incorrect. In the letter to the AG's office, I offered to pay the past due amount to AFNI provided that the incorrect information is deleted from my credit report and anything else related to Cingular Wireless, now AT&T Mobility, is not placed on my credit report as a result of paying the past due amount.    I have not contacted AFNI.  So, what should I do now?

Should I dispute with the CRA's again?
Should I PFD AFNI for the amount the original creditor states that I owe?
Do both of the above and if so, in what order?

I really appreciate your help!

Message Edited by dooodooo on 12-14-2007 05:52 AM

Message Edited by dooodooo on 12-14-2007 05:53 AM

Message Edited by dooodooo on 12-14-2007 07:14 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Job might depend on it - Quick Please. . . need an answer re: AFNI &PFD -

bump. . . anyone have any suggestions??????????
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting out with a PFD wouldn't hurt anything. I sent mine to AFNI last week CMRRR and I am still waiting for a response. Never hurts to try.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how does job maybe depend on it? Just curious.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

dooodooo wrote:
Some of you may remember my dispute with AFNI but briefly, they are reporting that I have TWO collection accounts with them based on two old cingular wireless bills.  I DV'd AFNI - they responded with skeleton info. - that Cingular was original creditor and the amounts owed.  I also disputed with the CRA's and AFNI verified.  In the meantime, I filed a complaint with the Illinois AG's Office, which contacted AFNI and the original creditor. The original creditor stated that they have no record of the account numbers OR balances that AFNI is reporting - however, their records show that I did have a past due account with them, which bears a different account number and a different balance than what AFNI is reporting.  The original creditor does not know who they sold my account to so cannot tell me why AFNI has this incorrect info.

Now, what should I do?  I responded to the AG's office basically saying, look the original creditor is confirming that AFNI's information is incorrect. In the letter to the AG's office, I offered to pay the past due amount to AFNI provided that the incorrect information is deleted from my credit report and anything else related to Cingular Wireless, now AT&T Mobility, is not placed on my credit report as a result of paying the past due amount.    I have not contacted AFNI.  So, what should I do now?

Should I dispute with the CRA's again?
Should I PFD AFNI for the amount the original creditor states that I owe?
Do both of the above and if so, in what order?

I really appreciate your help!

Message Edited by dooodooo on 12-14-2007 05:52 AM

Message Edited by dooodooo on 12-14-2007 05:53 AM

Message Edited by dooodooo on 12-14-2007 07:14 AM

IF you have a letter from the OC (even if it is going through the AGs office) us it !!  file a complaint with www.ftc.gov      tell the ftc that the incorrrect reporting will effect your job!

Send a letter to the OC direct......use your name and phone # that you know!!! in the letter ask for complete account records AS it is being reported incorrectly by a CA.

Send another DV to the CA and tell them that you have written info. from the OC stating that they (CA) is reporting an account that isn't yours!!!!  give them 10 days to delete it. (might work)  Send it CMRRR and about 3 days after they sign for it  DISPUTE it with all CRAs that are reporting.

Everything must be in writting!

most states have a % that can be charged on these accounts.....check you state.

Also are you past SOL? this might be a signed contract.  Some CAs will drop it if it is not a large enough amount. It might cost them too much to try & collect.

If the OC tells you that the account was sold and they don't know who bought it (BS) ask for when you made your last payment.........that will tell you your DOLA!!!!!!  in writting!

Some CAs change the account #'s to their own.And will try & tell you that the DOLA was when they bought it.  Not true!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 12-14-2007 10:24 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding the job issue. . . I am getting a new promotion and they are doing a background check.  THanks Happy Days for your advice.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.