Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Account Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joint Account Question

When I first wanted to start building my credit history my mother added me to 2 of her cards as a joint account card holder.  Of course she never actually gave me either of the cards being that as an 18 year old I didn't need access to a 20K spending spree.  My question is now 10 years later as I am getting ready to buy a house these cards are still on my CR and are obviously  factored in on my overall credit UTIL.  Both of these cards are dormant and have not been used in years.  Should I have my mother remove me as a joint user?  Will these accounts still remain on my CR for the next 7 years showing payment history(which I don't think they've been used in 10 years anyway)  And if removed this will most likely lower my FICO score because I am lowering my overall credit UTIL(30K CC in my name + 20K Joint)  Should I just leave my credit alone and not worry about it?  Looking forward to everyones input.  Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Joint Account Question

Don't touch em... or even breathe heavy in that direction on your CR.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.