cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Accounts good for credit?

tag
Workmanp

Joint Accounts good for credit?

I have a revolving account with BEST BUY that I opened with my brother as a cosigner YEARS ago.  Never late, always paid on time, and its still open.  I just havent used it in probably 7 years.  But, if I used it, for just some little 10 dollars purchases, and paid it off immediately, would it look good on both of our credit, or just mine as the primary?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Joint Accounts good for credit?

@Workmanp wrote:

I have a revolving account with BEST BUY that I opened with my brother as a cosigner YEARS ago.  Never late, always paid on time, and its still open.  I just havent used it in probably 7 years.  But, if I used it, for just some little 10 dollars purchases, and paid it off immediately, would it look good on both of our credit, or just mine as the primary?

Hi Workmanp, you might want to call the creditor and see if the card is still open. Being that long (7 yrs) they might have closed it due to inactivity for that long of period.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.