Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Accounts w/ Christian Community Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joint Accounts w/ Christian Community Credit Union

So yesterday my wife and I applied jointly to CCCU and requested $10,000 CL... Our scores are moderately respectable on EX (they pulled EX on both of us.) Wife is 640 and I'm at 612 on that particular report... Wish they had pulled TUfor us both (DW 680 / Me 668) but I'm feeling optimistic.

No BKs but my PAID SLs report Closed/Paid was 120 10 times as recently as Jan 07... Wife has one unpaid CO from 2004.

Think we'll be approved?

Rob
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Joint Accounts w/ Christian Community Credit Union

Does anyone no if there are other prime lenders that offer Joint Account opportunities?

Rob
Message 2 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

FICO_Focused wrote:
Does anyone no if there are other prime lenders that offer Joint Account opportunities?

Rob

Someone correct me if I am wrong!  I believe most prime CCCs offer joint accounts.  I am in the process of becoming a joint account holder on my wife's Chase Plat Visa. 
Message 3 of 20
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

FICO_Focused wrote:
So yesterday my wife and I applied jointly to CCCU and requested $10,000 CL... Our scores are moderately respectable on EX (they pulled EX on both of us.) Wife is 640 and I'm at 612 on that particular report... Wish they had pulled TUfor us both (DW 680 / Me 668) but I'm feeling optimistic.

No BKs but my PAID SLs report Closed/Paid was 120 10 times as recently as Jan 07... Wife has one unpaid CO from 2004.

Think we'll be approved?

Rob

Yes! I had a 642 and a BK and was approved for 2k along with my wife. She has a score in the 500's but with her income it bumped us up from 1k to 2k. So i'm guessing they want at least a 620 for the main holder and then the joint person just needs good debt to income ratio to increase the CL.

Now you might not get what you asked for, but they will send you back a counter-offer or accept what you asked.
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback Bruiser! My information was entered as the primary (1st on App) but my income is 5+ times more than my DW. Her scores are better than mine, but my income pays the bills.

What do you think?

Rob
Message 5 of 20
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

I don't think that will cause any problems with you getting approved.

If you have any problems I would make her the primary and you the joint holder. You could always change it later. But don't worry about it if you get approved.

The person that is reviewing your credit will send you an email and they're very nice and easy to work with. Don't expect a phone call, they're really busy due to a lot of people applying recently.

Also, be prepared to either fax or scan and email a copy of your utility bill showing proof of address.
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies... I'll let the boards know either way next week.

Thanks again.

Take Care.

Rob
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Joint Accounts w/ Christian Community Credit Union

Got an e-mail from CCCU this afternoon... Said they are sorry for the delay and are experiencing a high volume of credit applications. They will be contacting me soon with an answer to our request.

Keeping my fingers crossed... Smiley Indifferent

Let you know when I hear back.

Rob
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Joint Accounts w/ Christian Community Credit Union

Was hoping to get a follow up from CCCU today... After receiving the email this morning I thought they would be reviewing today and getting back to me on the decision...Smiley Sad

Still keeping my fingers crossed.Smiley Indifferent

Rob
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Joint Accounts w/ Christian Community Credit Union

focused,

I got a call from them this AM....said mine was being submitted to underwriting.  But they needed my address at home(I always use my p.o. box) So I asked if she wanted me to fax proof and she said no just give it to me over the phone.  I hope that is a good sign!!!!Smiley Indifferent
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.