Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint account questions

tag
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

Joint account questions

Im looking to improve my credit score by applying for some joint accounts with my girlfriend, who has a very high score. I have some questions: 1. Will we get approved for new credit if my score is like 595 and hers is 720? In other words, will my score scare lenders away? 2. I am planning on getting these accounts to dilute my debt and lower my utilization levels. Is this a good way to go about it? 3. Will the benefits of diluting the debt be offset by the hits I receive for opening new aCCTS? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Rob
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Joint account questions

As a joint account  it will show on both CR. I do not know how each lender will handle it.Your score might not mean anything to them as she is in good standing.

I would think it would help your score but I do not know by how much.

I just applied for 5 new cards for DH & wow did it help him. he was at 85 UTI   now I think he is below 30%    but his score was   EQ 688

They will take her CL + her UTI  and add it to you also.You will not get here scores. But it might help you get your up.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.