Contributor
uktaurusbulba

Joint account questions

Im looking to improve my credit score by applying for some joint accounts with my girlfriend, who has a very high score. I have some questions: 1. Will we get approved for new credit if my score is like 595 and hers is 720? In other words, will my score scare lenders away? 2. I am planning on getting these accounts to dilute my debt and lower my utilization levels. Is this a good way to go about it? 3. Will the benefits of diluting the debt be offset by the hits I receive for opening new aCCTS? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Rob
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: Joint account questions

As a joint account  it will show on both CR. I do not know how each lender will handle it.Your score might not mean anything to them as she is in good standing.

I would think it would help your score but I do not know by how much.

I just applied for 5 new cards for DH & wow did it help him. he was at 85 UTI   now I think he is below 30%    but his score was   EQ 688

They will take her CL + her UTI  and add it to you also.You will not get here scores. But it might help you get your up.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}