Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement 2 months before BK13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement 2 months before BK13

Hi eveyone, new to the forum and just getting started on cleaning up my credit report.

I filed for chapter 13 bk in Aug. 2003 and it was discharged in Dec. 2006.  I recently pulled all three credit reports and found a Judgement with American General Finance, but this was included in my BK13.
How should this show up on my credit reports?
Thanks for any replies.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement 2 months before BK13

Is there any notation of being included in your BK? I'm not sure if the judgement should even be listed if it was part of your BK, I'd have to defer to some of the pros here for that.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement 2 months before BK13

If it was included in the bankruptcy, do what I did.  I sent a copy of my list of creditors (for the unsecured debt), my discharge letter, printout of judgment from civil court showing "defendant dismissed" and a letter I personally typed to the CRA's showing that this was discharged in your bankruptcy and that it should not be showing as a judgment because it was a part of your BK.  Lost2007 a regular poster here sent a goodwill letter to the CRA's asking them to delete the judgment and/or bk and they deleted the judgment.  I only had it on TU showing still as a judgment, EX and EQ had already deleted.  As long as you have proof to back it up, you should be able to get it off.  This just came off last Thursday I believe was when I posted it or Friday.  Got the updated CR from TU and it's gone.

My bk7 was discharged in Jan. 2002, filed 10/01, American General put judgment against me on 10/01 violating the automatic stay.  I was never served any papers saying that I had to go to court or anything like that.  You can call the court where the judgment was filed and ask for the civil department. Ask if they have a website. If so, you can put in your case number and look at the judgment for yourself. Print it out, send all the info listed above to the credit bureaus and they should remove.

If you need further help, pm me and I will help as much as I can because I know that the fact that you have the BK on your credit is killing your scores and the judgment is making it worse.

Eve
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.